Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gauges and stereo

So in an attempt to fix my tachometer I pulled the gauge cluster.  All I could really do was look at the circuit board and take the front off the cluster to straighten the second hand on the clock.  I'm hoping the connection for the tach was just loose and when I reconnect it it magically work...

Also, while under the dash I noticed how disorganized the wires were so I decided this would be a good time to straighten them out and get the stereo working.  I clipped some of the zip-ties that were holding random wires together and then pulled the glove box and some of the air ducts in order to get to the back of the stereo which, as it turns out, had only been partially connected to make it look like it worked.  Oh yeah, and the ducts were mostly just sitting back there not really connected to much of anything - and ziptied together... So I picked up some plastic clips and am going to at least try to put it back together better than I found it.  Unfortunately I won't be able to repair the ac/heater right now but there will be plenty of time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment