Monday, December 12, 2011

Baby steps...


When I finally received the car (I had it shipped up from Florida) I began my list of things to clean up, restore, replace and fix.  Pretty high up that list is the tachometer.  It might just be a pet peeve of mine but I like a working tach.  After looking over some videos on the web and surfing through the forums at transamcountry.com I decided the best place to start would be the connection at the back of the tach.  (To be honest I also thought it would be a good way to take a look at the mess of wires I see flowing out from underneath the steering column. Part of me is looking forward to dealing with that mess while part of me kinda dreads it...)  Anyway, this evening I dropped the steering column and took the bezel off as a first step.  Next time I have time I'll remove the dash gauges and see what the connections look like.  Unfortunately, given that the clock is also not working, I'm thinking I may have to replace the gauges but that's okay, for now it's fun just getting inside the car and looking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment