Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Post

So after years of dreaming about having my own Trans Am I've  finally taken the plunge.  Like so many men of my generation I was captivated by the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Burt Reynolds drove in the classic movie Smokey and the Bandit.  For as long as I can remember I've wanted to own a car just like the Bandit's, and now I do.

With this blog I will attempt to chronicle my efforts to fix up my new baby.  My goal is to have a sharp, drivable Trans Am that looks, feels, and sounds solid.  I'd like the interior and exterior to look as close to stock as possible, but I won't be pushing for 100% 1977 authenticity.  In fact, the engine that's currently in my car has been significantly modified - and I'm okay with that.  Actually, I can think of a few other parts of the car I will be looking to upgrade as well.

So please join me as I begin what will likely be a lengthy, but hopefully rewarding process.

No comments:

Post a Comment